Sunday 1 February 2015

Rediscovering Old Favourites...


Recently, I've come to realise that I've developed a slight tendency to 'faddy' shop. If you're not familiar with the term "'faddy' shop", basically what I mean is when you buy things because everyone else seems to be loving them - hence the 'faddy' part. 
Thinking this through and creating my own phrase about it (weirdo), I've noticed that my makeup stash just keeps getting bigger and bigger because I'm not using any of my older products - I just keep buying and using new ones. Sigh
However, I've made a promise to myself that I need to start rotating my collection a bit more and actually get use out of all the cosmetics I currently own before purchasing anymore.
That being said, I've rekindled my love for MAC's Soba. A warm, golden brown shadow that is quite literally my perfect crease colour for any look. When I first bought this I used it daily, and as my collection's grew and I've purchased new eyeshaadows (cough...Makeup Rev's Naked Chocolate palette...cough), it's been pushed to the back. I've been loving it blended softly into the crease with winged eyeliner.
Also getting use is my Bourjois Happy Light Foundation. Now I loved this stuff in the Summer. It gave me a light, decent coverage without the cakiness or the feel of my skin suffocating under a heavy base in the warmer weather and it blends flawlessly. This mainly got pushed to the back because it's in my self tanning shade, but I've been mixing it with a little of MAC's Studio Fix to match my natural skintone. 
The Maybelline Better Skin Concealer was another favourite of mine over the Summer months, but I exchanged it in favour of the Dream Lumi Touch. I still love this concealer - it blends like a dream, sits lovely on the skin and doesn't cling to dry patches. 
Since I've started re-using my Sleek Contour Kit it's hard to remember why I ever stopped using it in the first place. The bronzer shade isn't too warm toned so I can make it work for my pale skin, and the highlight is just beautiful. 
Lastly, is the Rimmel Stay Blushed in Sunkissed Cherry. Now I originally picked this up because Lisa Eldridge used it on Alexa Chung in a tutorial and I fell in love with the colour. It gives such a lovely, natural rosiness to the cheeks and the formulation is great for a drugstore cream blush. Again, still wondering how I ever forgot about it. 

I love shopping my stash and renewing my love for old products - the simplest things make me so happy.

Lauren
xo

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for explaining "faddy shop" because I was a bit confused their for a moment. HAha. The Bourjois foundation sounds like it works well throughout the seasons with a little bit of layering!

    :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely foundation to work with! thanks for stopping by! :) xo

      Delete
  2. That bourjois foundation is great!
    xx
    www.theblackblush.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard a lot and about the sleek contouring kit. Looks great. Have a look at my blog. http://jennifercooper99.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I read through all comments and reply as quickly as I can! so make sure to check back! :)