Thursday 23 October 2014

My Current Bedtime Playlist.


I'm one of those people who just can't sleep right if they've not listened to some music before bed. I like to shove in my headphones, hit play and dream about marrying Zac Efron. Not even lying - we're going to have Christina Perri's 'A Thousand Years' playing as I walk down the aisle in my Monique Lhuillier gown...
Anyway, massive tangent there. I thought I'd share a few of my faves that I keep tucked away in the playlist known as 'Bedtime'. 

POP ETC 'Speak Up' - Now if you've watched the last instalment of the Twilight Saga you'll (probably) know this song. A small fraction of it is played when everything's all hunky dory again and Alice envisions how happy they're all going to be...if life only turned out like that eh? It's a nice one to fall asleep to anyway - lots of soft guitar playing and melodic singing.

Taylor Swift 'Out of The Woods' - Swifty's newest release and it's a good one. Taylor Swift is a guilty pleasure of mine - I wouldn't request it at the DJ booth but I do have a TS playlist on my ipod that I like to stick on every now and again. Can any love song really top 'White Horse'? This is one with a bit of oomph behind it. Not to everyone's taste I'm sure, but it makes for a good sing-along in your room or car.

Keane 'Somewhere Only We Know' - I've loved this song for so long. If you've never heard this song, you need to. It's a little solemn but with a good vibe behind it - I constantly play this in my car when I'm driving alone and just belt it out. It's brilliant. Beautifully written and a pleasure to listen to. 

Ingrid Michaelson 'Everybody' - Every time I listen to this song it puts me in a better mood, it just makes me happy. It's basically a song about how love really does make the world go round and it's lovely. I do have to refrain from miming this whilst I'm trying to fall asleep though.

Sufjan Stevens 'For the Widows in Paradise' - This is probably the most melancholy out of the lot. I first heard this years ago on an episode of The O.C. - I was a massive fan - and I loved it so much I downloaded it, it's been on my ipod ever since. It's chilled but solemn - one to really contemplate life listening to. 

Alanis Morissette 'Ironic' - I grew up listening to this song - my Mum's a huge fan of Alanis. Even if you've never heard of Alanis, you've no doubt heard at least the chorus of this song at some sort of family function over the years. It's a classic. It's also featured on the soundtrack of The Internship and it just stirred my love for it all over again. A definite belter for car journeys. 

Probably not the most chilled set of songs but I've been known to listen to Metallica before now so technically, these are pretty chill.

Lauren
xo

4 comments:

  1. I literally cannot stop listening to Out of the Woods! I've had it on repeat for days haha!

    daisydimples.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Everybody by Ingrid Michaelson! It's my ultimate cheer up song! x

    ambertealights.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too! makes me want to boogie hehe! xo

      Delete

I read through all comments and reply as quickly as I can! so make sure to check back! :)